The magnificent original Kingstanding Public House was built on Kingstanding Circle at the same time as the houses. It was a ‘family public house’ with Dutch gables and a magnificent entrance / façade as can be seen in the photo from 1941 below. The original Kingstanding Pub building was demolished in the 1960’s and replaced by a functional rectangular block building typical of that time. In the 1990’s the building was demolished once again and replaced by the present red-brick building which stands on Kingstanding Island – it is now closed, boarded up and in poor repair.
- A History of Kingstanding – Part 6
- A History of Kingstanding – Part 8