A History of Kingstanding – Part 9



The first Kingstanding and Perry Barr Air Training squadron
headquarters were located in a six bedroom private building at 21 Hawthorne Road, Kingstanding. The site was utilised by more than 400 cadets between 1940 - 1970. In 1970 the squadron headquarters were moved to the TA barracks on Kingstanding road where they remain to date.