Domestic Abuse Counselling Service
Our Domestic Abuse Counselling Service is based in Kingstanding (North Birmingham) and provides a range of counselling services and support to victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
Domestic abuse is a pattern of controlling and aggressive behaviours from one adult towards another within the context of an intimate relationship.
It can show itself as physical, psychological or emotional abuse. The violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis. It can happen to anyone, and in all kinds of relationships – heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT).
The Counselling service is for both men and women over the age of 16 years who have experienced or have been affected by domestic abuse at any point in their lives.
The service provided is confidential, free of charge and offered during term time only.
At the present moment, we are able to serve postcodes B23, B24, B35 and B44.
What do we offer?
Counselling is an opportunity for you to speak to a counsellor about your personal and emotional experiences due to domestic abuse.
- This could be an issue from your past, present or anything that concerns you about the future
- It is a safe environment to explore your issues, become aware of your choices and build on the inner resources you already have.
- Counsellors do not give advice but try to enable and support you to find solutions that are right for you.
- The counsellors are members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within BACP Ethical Framework
Group therapy focuses on confidence building and peer support. Group Therapy can be a safe space where
- You can share your life stories with people who have had similar experiences.
- You can feel less alone and isolated and where confidences and self-esteem can be built
- You will be encouraged to be positive and confident about yourself, your children and your relationships.
- You may learn the techniques of using and facilitating support for yourself and others.
This is a 12 weeks programme (2 hours per week) to empower domestic abuse survivors. (Run by a partner agency).
Recovery Toolkit Programme:
This is a 12 week training programme (2 hours per week) to develop positive lifestyle coping strategies. (Run by a partner agency)
Signposting and Referral
We can signpost and refer you to Legal, Benefits and Housing support issues.
We are able to support, advice and signpost or refer you to the appropriate services needed.
Community Awareness Raising
Participate in events to raise the profile of Domestic Abuse.
We will be happy to accept a referral from an agency or directly from the domestic abuse victim. Please contact us at
Tel. 07753224835 or email: email@example.com.
All information and calls will be treated confidentially.
We operate from Monday to Thursday, during term time only.