Legal Advice Service
The Legal Advice Service, funded by a grant from Lottery Reaching Communities, delivers a free, independent, confidential and impartial Legal Advice Service to residents primarily from the Kingstanding Ward who require support and advice on:
- Welfare benefits, pensions, grants, utilities and other entitlements
- Support with managing finances
- Welfare benefit entitlements
- Disability entitlements
- Carers Rights and entitlements
- Family Law
- Housing advice including housing options, prevention of homelessness, landlord and tenant disputes, including council tax and housing benefit
- Employment advice for employers and employees, assistance with seeking employment and employment/education opportunities
- Fuel Poverty Grants
A dedicated team of volunteers managed by Senior Advisor, Abigail Guy, are fully committed to meeting the aims and objectives of New Heights especially in reducing poverty in the local area.
The team strives to provide the advice and support required by hundreds of clients each year and offers a welcoming, proactive and responsive service whilst working to high quality standards of customer care. The team have forged very positive links with partner agencies in the area and can signpost clients to a range of other agencies to ensure a holistic support package.
The Legal Advice service is set within a unique, informal, friendly and relaxed environment and is located in the upstairs of New Heights Community Project Cafe at 108 Warren Farm Road Kingstanding Birmingham B44 0QN.
Telephone number 0121 293 9160
E mail email@example.com
The Service is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9.00am – 5.30pm.
Please phone or call in to make an appointment.
Our Legal Advice Service is funded by Reaching Communities Funding – Big Lottery Fund.
The Trustees of New Heights recently commissioned an evaluation of the service conducted by Sue Ball.
Here is a summary of the results below:
We would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who gave their valuable time and shared their experiences.