Could you be a volunteer?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Have you a few hours to spare each week to give something back to your community?
Volunteers are vital to the success of our project. Without the hard work and dedication of our amazing volunteers we would be unable to deliver quality services to the Kingstanding Community.
People choose to volunteer with us for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
Below are some of the reasons our volunteers gave for volunteering with us:
- Giving something back to an organisation that has had a positive impact on a person's life, either directly or indirectly
- Making a difference to the lives of others
- Helping the environment
- Helping others less fortunate or without a voice
- To feel valued and part of a team
- Spending quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV and improving one's employment prospects
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using one's professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
Please click on the link below to see current volunteering opportunities or contact Vicky Bixby on 07555 496 614.